Pages

Sunday 3 May 2009

Tagged

Thanks Katherine for the tag. I think I might have got the hang of this now, and my answers are below!

1. What are your current obsessions?


Nutella, on toast or (preferably) croissants. Between Sunday and Friday last week we ate a full jar. I say we because I seem to have passed this addiction on to T. I started with the best parenting intentions (which is to say stick CBeebies on, sneak into kitchen, surreptitiously spread on chocolate hazelnut loveliness, lick greedily) but of course it was Big Cook Little Cook, or some such crap (T will actually only tolerate ITNG) and I was found, in flagrante delicious-o with the spoon still in the jar. Now I have to share, boo! Also Facebook, taking photos of T, buying vintage fabric from eBay.

2. Which item of clothing do you wear most often?

Currently, Birkenstocks. Comfy, go with anything, comfy again. Actually slightly less comfy than before my last pregnancy, which seems to have left me with trotters where my feet used to be.

3. What's for dinner tonight?

Erm, no idea. In my defence I am very good at storecupboard 'Ready Steady Cook' and usually manage to cobble something together last minute. Whatever I make will be followed by yoghurt though. I did that awful thing when you're conned by BOGOF offers at the supermarket and seem to have around 20 Muller Fruit Corners to eat before next weekend. My purchase was based on the fact I bought one last week from the canteen at work which was quite nice. I think this might have been a pregnancy craving though as, looking at them taking up most of the fridge now, I've remembered I don't really like yoghurt.

4. What's the last thing you bought?

Dinner out with friends last night. Here. It was lovely. I had a spicy beef pizza with coriander and grapes. It sounds utterly minging, but was actually delicious.

5. What are you currently listening to?

The washing machine. Snoring over the baby monitor. Slightly louder snoring coming from our bedroom (husband's get up day which means he needs to nap when the toddler does).

6. Who is your favourite male celebrity at the moment?

Erm, given our impending holiday, I'd have to say Mickey Mouse.

7. What are you reading now?

Woman's Hour
(still crossing fingers for the interview, although the possibility of this happening before we go on holiday on Friday is now looking increasingly remote) plus assorted Julia Donaldson and Shirley Hughes. It will be a permanent source of unending pride that one of T's first setences was 'I want Dogger'.

8. Wow! How Do You stay looking so young? Share your secret!

Well, I am fairly young, which helps ;-) You are flattering me though, and clearly haven't looked closely. I am currently loving my new face wash, which is helping with some of the pregnancy skin grimness.

9. What is your guilty pleasure?

Gossip Girl on ITV2, buying too many children's books and hiding them from my husband, daydreaming about the baby whilst pretending to work, nutella (again).

10. Who or what makes you laugh until you're weak?

My son. He has the most wicked cackle. Seriously, it's infectious. I am also a sucker for an amusing travelogue, Pete McCarthy and Tony Hawks are two perrenial favourites.

11. First Spring thing?

Birkenstocks and a son who wakes at 5.30 am.

12. Where are you planning on travelling to next?

Gay Paris (yes, yes, including a detour to the House of Mouse)! We're off on Friday. How will a family of three and a half fare in the city of young lovers? I'll post when we return!

13. What was the best thing you ate or drank recently?

Ice-cream from McGuinness's farm in Bolton. T liked it too.

14. When did you last get tipsy?

Too long ago to rememeber. Pregnancy one, sixteen months of breastfeeding, segueing into pregnancy two means there have only been a handful of drunken evenings in the past (this is scary) more than two full years. Oh, I did go out into town with the girls from my NCT group about six months ago though. We danced, had kebabs (!) and got home at 5 am. Thank goodness that, for me, breastfeeding meant on these very rare ocassions I got drunk, I didn't get a hangover!

15. What is your favourite film?

Miracle in Milan, which was my father's favourite and reminds me of happier times.

16. Share a piece of wisdom.

Today is the tomorrow you were so worried about

17. What's your favourite song?

'Do You Realize?' (sic) by the Flaming Lips. 'Perfect Day' by Lou Reed. 'For Today I am a Boy' by Antony and the Johnsons. 'Let's Get Married' by The Proclaimers. 'This Will Be Our Year' by the Beautiful South. 'A Rainy Night in Soho' by The Pogues. Too many others to mention.

18. If you could change anything in your life so far, what would it be?

I would have forgiven my father, and thought before I hurt a friend by acting in haste.

The rules are as follows. I tag you. You answer the questions and pass it on. Simple! I think I'm supposed to tag 8 people, but I don't know that many yet! I choose the following though (if you just want to ignore me, I won't mind, honest!)

It's a Parklife

Family Life

More Than Just a Mother

Emma Bradshaw

The Manchizzle

No comments: