Pages

Thursday 25 June 2009

Eight Things ...

Thanks to Muddling Along Mummy and All Grown Up for the tags. As with all these meme things, my disorganisation means I might be the last person in the blogging universe to complete this. I hope my eight things are still worth a read!

8 Things I'm looking forward to

1. Picking up T from nursery tonight and hearing about his day, even if much of his conversation still doesn't make sense

2. Catching up with friends and their children and getting sticky at McGuinness's ice-cream farm in Bolton tomorrow


3. My Alexander Henry bird seed fabric arriving, so I can get started on Amy Karol's Swing Swing Smock for the baby (I can't get in trouble for making clothes, right?)

4. Watching the new series of Ugly Betty on Sky+ (10 pm is way past my bedtime, especially on a school night)

5. Smoked salmon and cream cheese sandwiches for lunch


6. And looking further ahead, my sister's Hen Night (albeit a sober one for me) ...


7. ... the wedding, especially meeting my new Spanish extended family,


8. and a late August camping trip to the Lakes with good friends and their families


8 Things I did yesterday

1. Brushed up on some old skills at work, and realised I'm not quite as rusty as I thought I was. This is a very good feeling!

2. Emailed a friend I don't see often enough to arrange to meet up

3. Received lots of compliments on my dress (Topshop Maternity, via ebay, and a godsend for hot summer days)

4. Walked to the work carpark and realised I'd lost my car key

5. Walked back to the office (hot and bothered) to find someone had handed it in, and gave thanks!

6. Froze a couple of Mars Bars for the grown ups to chomp on after tea. Please Mr Dentist forgive me!


7. Chair danced (normal for me, highchair for T) along to 'Pet Sounds' as we ate our tea with the windows open and summer music on the stereo

8. Watched T 'read' one of his favourite books (Peace at Last) and make the correct sounds for each page, including snoring, aeroplane sounds, a ticking clock, a dripping tap and a hooting owl. It's like living with a Sound Effects CD!

8 Things I wish I could do

1. Sleep all night without having to get up to go to the loo

2. Reach the plate cupboards in our kitchen, instead of having to ask my husband to put away the crockery

3. Work closer to home. A 100 mile round trip commute is wearing me down physically, emotionally and financially

4. Increase the size of our house by 50%, leaving it in the same position, so we wouldn't have to move

5. Pop round to see my sister (who lives in Madrid) for a long overdue catch-up

6. Cook more creative vegetarian food for my husband. I just can't seem to get excited about non-meat dishes!

7. Start a craft project and finish it before starting another

8. Think before I speak, all of the time

8 Favourite fruits

1. Raspberries

2. Blueberries

3. Strawberries (only perfectly ripe British ones though)

4. Nectarines

5. Cherries

6. Pears (especially what my Grandma used to call 'slaverchop' ones, the really juicy type that dribble down your chin!)

7. Plums

8. Apples

8 Places I'd like to travel to

1. Cornwall

2. The deep Irish countryside

3. Barcelona (a city break with beach access and good weather, my perfect destination!)

4. Orlando (tacky but fabulous)


5. New York (to repeat the trip we took using our wedding vouchers, only this time without hideous early pregnancy sickness!)

6. Pembrokeshire

7. Australia (somewhere I've never been)

8. China


8 places I've lived

(Writing this makes me realise how provincial I am! Excepting my University years, I've always lived a maximum of 30 miles from my childhood birthplace)

1. Urmston (made famous-ish by Victoria Wood's fabulous Dinnerladies, as home to the erm, challenging, Babs)


2. Stretford (shabby suburb of Manchester, centre of my teen universe)

3. Sheffield

4. Prestwich

5. Chorlton-cum-Hardy

6. Withington

7. West Didsbury

8. Ramsbottom

Everyone I'd like to tag has already completed this, so I am going to be a chain breaker, sorry! I do love reading lists like this though, and hope I haven't bored you too much.

No comments: